FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I play a presentation?
Content must be played at the presentation level. On the home page, you can browse content by the meeting schedule, presentation or presenter. You must continue making selections until you are at the presentation level. When you see a presentation of interest, click on the View Now button. You can also search for specific content by using the search tab.
- What is the difference between Basic Search and Search Content of Slides?Basic Search searches presentation titles and speaker names and will display the results from any of those three categories containing your search term.Search Content of Slides searches every word on every slide in every presentation. The results are ordered by the number of times your search term shows up in the presentation. In addition, the search results display the time stamp when your search term appears in the presentation. You can go directly to that point of the presentation by clicking on the time stamp. You must be online to use search content of slides.
- Are there thumbnail/preview slides?
Yes, to view the thumbnails, you must be watching a presentation in full screen mode. To get to full screen mode, place your mouse over the video window while you are playing a presentation and a control panel will appear. Select the icon with box and arrow in the top right corner. The presentation will go into full screen mode and thumbnails will appear on the bottom of the screen.
- Can I bookmark a presentation?
Yes, you can bookmark a presentation. There is a Bookmark icon next to each presentation on any of the browse or search results. Click Bookmark. To revisit a presentation you bookmarked, select Bookmarks from the dropdown menu under Browse. The Bookmarks feature is only available in the online version.
- Will the player remember where I left off in a presentation?
Yes, if you have begun watching a presentation, the player will automatically start at the place you stopped regardless of what device you are on. In other words, if you start watching a presentation on your work computer, you can immediately start playing at the place you stopped watching on your tablet or phone. To see a list of presentations that you have recently watched, Browse by Recently Viewed.
- What is Most Watched and Most Liked?
Most Watched is driven by real-time analytics and reflects the presentations that your peers and colleagues are actually watching the most.Most Liked are the presentations that your peers and colleagues have “Liked.” To Like a presentation, click on Like above the video window. Please note, your decision to Like a presentation is anonymous. Most Watched and Most Liked are only available in the online version.
- I can’t hear the presentation. How do I fix that?
You may have up to three places that control the volume. Within the video window (place your mouse over the video window and there is a volume control on the bottom right), on your computer and on your speakers if you have external speakers.
- How do I download presentations?
Neither the presentation slides, nor the videos can be downloaded. Presenters typically prefer to not have their presentations be downloadable. You can however download MP3s of the audio only (See Question #13).
- Do I have to be online to watch presentations?
Your purchase includes a USB drive that will be automatically sent to you. The portable drive contains the same presentations as the online version, but you do not have to be online to watch the presentations on the portable drive. If you do not have Silverlight or an HTML5 compatible operating system/browser, you may need to be online the first time you use the portable drive to download Silverlight at www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight.Please note: While the same presentations are available on the USB drive, certain functionality is not available on the USB drive including Search Content of Slides, Bookmarks, CME Testing, Most Watched and Most Liked. To access these features you must use the online version of your player.
- How do I watch presentations on my mobile device?
FMX on Demand is automatically formatted to play on most mobile devices. Simply log-in at FMX.OnDemand.org on your mobile device. We cannot guarantee compatibility with every mobile device as operating system requirements are constantly changing.You must be online to stream presentations on your mobile device. Presentations cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Most presentations should work over 3G/4G in addition to WiFi, however the quality will depend on the bandwidth available at any given location and time.Please note: If you wish to claim CME for this product, you must be on the full (desktop) version in order to do so.
- How long will I have online access for?
Presentations will be available online for two years from the date of the Annual Meeting. You can access on your USB drive indefinitely, but not all features are available on the USB drive, including Search Content of Slides, CME Testing, Bookmarks, Most Watched and Most Liked.
- I can’t find the presentation I want to watch, but it was listed as part of the product. How do I find it?
We can only publish presentations with speaker permission, which can change at any time. We do our best to keep the content list up-to-date; however printed materials may not reflect the most accurate content listing if a speaker has requested their presentation not be published after the content list was printed.
- How do I download MP3s?
You can download individual MP3s by clicking on the Files tab under a presentation name and then clicking on the MP3 button. You can also transfer all MP3s by selecting All MP3s on the top right.
- Can I get CME credit for watching the On Demand videos?
Yes, credit can be claimed for selected presentations. To claim credit for a presentation, log into AAFP.org.
- I can’t find my CME certificate. Can I print another copy?
Yes. To print a certificate, log into AAFP.org.
- How long can I claim CME credit for?
CME credit can be claimed until September 11, 2019.
- Who can claim CME?
CME credit is available for physicians.
- I still need help. Who do I contact?
You can contact support@OnDemand.org or call us at 818-844-3299 (Toll Free 800-501-2303). Support Hours of Operation are 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM PST.